Sunday, December 24, 2006

All I want for Christmas is my turkey!


My sister, who's the Sous Chef at the Kuala Lumpur Hilton, is on the verge of murder. It's Christmas and we have no turkey in Malaysia. The Malaysian Islamic Development Department recently realised and quickly decreed that imported turkey is non-halal, and therefore all shipment of turkey have been seized, stopped or confiscated. WTF.

Despite reassurances from the Department that some shipment will be cleared, my sister has yet to see her turkeys.

Read all about it here, here, and here.

Jokes aside, as a Christian living in a predominantly Muslim country, is my growing sense of foreboding unreasonably unfounded and silly premature paranoia? You tell me. First turkey, what next?

And in other news, Louis Vuitton has come out with a new ad campaign starring hottie model Will Chalker. Nice bag. Nice bod. I'd love both for Christmas.



Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home