Sunday, January 14, 2007

What a weekend.

I did not go to the beach as originally planned. But I did find this funny clip of a hottie at a beach showing off his swagger, athletic build and cycling skills.



In fact, I didn't sleep very much at all this weekend. I was either in front of my pc, or potting about the house drinking mugs of coffee and thinking. Like Brian Kinney.



I know it's silly and laughable and callous and worrying to arrive at major decisions by pretending to be someone else and to take the cue from a fictitious character, but I asked myself, what would Brian do if he was in my position. He'd definitely go for it. Yes, I'm referring to the 'Ning goes to the East Coast of America' Project.

Of course, I asked myself many other more important questions too. What if the US Embassy in Kuala Lumpur rejects our application for travel visas? What about permits and licences and performance tax in the States? The legalities alone are prohibitive. Any number of things could go wrong. What are my contingency plans?

The European tour would be a breeze compared to the 'East Coast Project'. Our European agent would be handling all the arrangements and all Ning and I would have to do would be to show up. But the American tour would conversely be the opposite. There will be a mountain of work to plough through. I will need to plan. Detailed and comprehensive plans, not to mention the logistical nightmare of traveling from one venue to the next. But I am not afraid of hard work. And neither is Ning.

So I've finally convinced myself decided that with the help and advice of my friend Dan Renzi, I will take Ning to America.

Thank you Tezza for reminding me to sort my shit out first have a clear mind and organise myself.

And what if nothing actually transpires and no one in the States wants to book Ning? At least I would have given it my best shot.

1 Comments:

Blogger whatev said...

"And what if nothing actually transpires and no one in the States wants to book Ning? At least I would have given it my best shot."

You bet!


And, I hope cycle boy was getting paid for that bit of primetime.

Catch ya soon, Brian.

PS. I'm watching the Oz Open on telly. Safin and Becker are still playing. It's just after midnight. I hope Becker wins.

Mon Jan 15, 09:15:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home