Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Recap 1


(The following is a posting I made in my prevoius blog, Diamonds & Studs. Something for new readers, to keep up to speed.)

I positively HATE having to wake up too early in the morning. And when I don't get enough sleep, I am the most grouchy person alive.

N, N junior and Y had an appearance on the nation's most watched TV breakfast show yesterday morning. Anyone would kill to get on this show. And the waiting list is very long.

As for me, well, I just have to make a short call to the producer, a friend of mine, to book a slot of my convenience. It's true what they say, "it's who you know, not what you know."

Anyway, back to yesterday morning. The mornings and I generally do not meet. However, I had to make an exception yesterday and dragged myself out of bed at 6am. I arrived TV3 at 8am in the morning in the foulest of moods. The traffic from Brickfields all the way to One Utama through Taman Tun was crawling at snail's pace.

Imprinted on my forehead was this sign : DO NOT GIVE ME A REASON TO BITE YOUR HEAD OFF. Everyone gave me a very wide berth. Good. Even Security waved me in without a single question.

But then professionalism, discipline and training kicked in. I went into WORK auto-pilot mode. I repeated the mantra:


"Smile. Be nice. Millions of people will be watching your girls.
Smile. Be nice. Millions of people will be watching your girls.
Smile. Be nice. Millions of people will be watching your girls."

The girls were in fine form. Chirpy, bright eyed and bushy tailed, they looked absolutely fabulous for the camera. The preliminaries completed, we were ushered into the studio and took position.

Here's a photo-blog:


45 seconds before LIVE.



Don't they just look fabulous on TV?



Ok girls, smile for the blog!



Your turn, guys! SMILE! The hosts Tengku, Ally and Abby.



And after the show, N junior and Y had a quick chat with the producer.



Show over, we drove back to the office. N went home to change for the next appointment whilst the girls decided to surf their MYSPACE accounts.







Incidentally, that orangy glow next to Y is a salt lamp.


Then it was time to head over to Utusan Studio for a local magazine shoot. The girls settled into their seats and the hard work of beautifying began. Do you know it takes about 2 hours to look really good? I could never sit still for 2 minutes, let alone 2 hours! These girls have my deepest admiration, so also Ru Paul, but that's another story.













The girls were dressed in gorgeous Malay fusion outfits designed by JM, pictured below.





Here are some solo shots:


Diva took precedence and led the way!
"This is how you do it, girls!"




"I'm feeling it!"




"I'm hungry."




My Angels!




Checking out the pics with the 2nd photographer, and writer.




It was nearly 4 hours later when we finally took the last shot. But well worth the effort. The pictures turned out good. My girls looked fabulous. Millions will get to oggle them in next month's issue. And young teenage boys (and some girls) everywhere will be playing with themselves in the privacy of their bedroom whilst drinking in images of my angels. And buy their music. I'm happy.

The girls went home whilst I headed to a radio station to gossip with some DJ friends of mine as well as to service the girls' latest single, DRAMA.

Another hard day's work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home