Friday, January 5, 2007

Ning featured on Grey's Anatomy???

Do you watch Grey's Anatomy, only just the hottest No.1 television series in the world? Would you belive me if I said that one of Ning's songs was actually featured on the series?

Don't laugh. I'm not joking. I'm dead serious.

Thanks to an sms from Basdavdan this afternoon, I was alerted to the very real possibility that Ning's voice has been heard by millions across America and the world, unbeknownst to us or the recording label.

I called Warner Music Malaysia to verify this information but nobody there knew anything about any song by Ning being featured on Grey's Anatomy. All they could tell me was that all their songs are uploaded and floated onto a central server (like a photo bank, but in this case, a songs bank) that is accessible worldwide for licensing. The most likely explanation is the series' music supervisor, Alexandra Patsavas probably found it on such a songs bank.

So I decided to check out the link that Basdavdan emailed me. Apparently, Ning's 'BREATHE AGAIN' from her latest album Erti Pertemuan was used for the soundtrack of Episode 20 of Season Two!

Honestly, I have never seen Grey's Anatomy. *gasp* I must be one of the few persons left in this country who hasn't seen Grey's Anatomy, despite its phenomenal success here in Malaysia. So I can't categorically say that I have actually heard Ning's voice on said episode. If you have the DVD box set of Season Two, could you do me a favour and verify this information?

If, as the information suggests, Ning really was heard on Grey's Anatomy, then it really is a big deal. Unknown acts have made it big just through one of their songs being featured during a significant scene in the series e.g. Chasing Cars by Snow Petrol. Look at how Josh Groban got his break from just singing on Ally Mc Beal.

And in other news, I'm having a ball with the new mobile Ning gave me for Christmas. I can actually use my mobile to surf the web and even manage this blog like on a normal pc or laptop! (I know most of you guys already knew this centuries ago but I confess to being technologically inept, so bear with my new found joy and excitement.)

Remember, check out Season Two, Episode 20!

1 Comments:

Blogger whatev said...

Hey, Vern.

Thanks for popping over. I've been in a crap mood lately. I think it's the menopause lol.

I haven't watched Grey's either, but using Ning's song is really cool. You guys are about the starriest people I kind of know.

Have an excellent week!

Mon Jan 08, 12:20:00 PM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home