Sunday, January 28, 2007

Day 3 (Rapperswil & Davos) & Day 4 (Rapperswil)

DAY 3 (Friday, 26th January) began with a lazy morning. I took a stroll along the lake and watched the birds and ducks. It really is very beautiful and serene here.



I also watched Ramli and Mohar feeding the birds and the ducks bread and biscuits.



Later I joined Ning at her hotel for lunch. Ning had the lamb.



And I had the veal. I think it must be becoming apparent to some of my readers that I am simply not a very politically correct person. Oh well, I try to be good, though.



After lunch, we got ready to board the coach to Davos. 3 hours drive up the mountains. And once at Davos, the view was stunning. Snow capped mountains and pine trees everywhere you looked. It was also EXTREMELY cold, at -11 degreesC.



At last, we had arrived at the World Economic Forum.



Ning covered up well to keep her throat and chest warm. It's not easy to sing when outside is -11 degreesC and inside only just slightly warmer.



The artistes, dancers and musicians rehearsing the opening segment.



Rehearsal ended at midnight and we drove back to Rapperswil.

DAY 4 (Saturday, 27th January) is the big day! Tonight, Ning will sing for world leaders. Tonight is the night when we will do our best to make Malaysia proud.

It's still snowing. Here's Ning with the musicians posing for the blog, before boarding the coach to Davos.



Everyone entering Davos must wear the security tag issued by Interpol. No tag, no entry. The entire ski resort of Davos has been taken over by the World Economic Forum organisers and the place is simply crawling with security personnel and Interpol detectives. I guess if you bombed Davos, you'll have a world crisis, because everyone who's anyone is here. Bill Gates, Madonna, Tony Blair, Bush, the list goes on.



Close up of the tag.



Ning said she wants to sing her heart out to the world tonight and make her country proud. As for me, I just want a pic with Madonna!

1 Comments:

Blogger whatev said...

Rapperswil?

If it's pronounced like Rapper swill, then that's too funny.

I've never experienced -11C. Don't know if it's been that cold, the small number of times I've spent on a ski field. I doubt it. I would've remembered.

Wed Jan 31, 09:36:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home